Few Pictures

The Lowen Household; 80 Taylors Mistake Road - my bedroom is the top right one

A walk along an adjacent street brings these views of Sumner and the bay into sight. Bound by 3 streets, Sumner is a pretty small seaside town (population 3978 in 2006 - seriously small eh?). Very busy at the weekends with the arrival of surfers and relatively quiet in the week. 

Interesting local feature of Sumner that I enjoyed yesterday is the Sumner cinema, which was opened in 1938 and has 3 screens, each with more seats (337 in total) than the Orpheus cinema (a small, family run cinema I am fond of in Bristol). Last night I enjoyed the almost private viewing (there were only 2 other people there) of '500 days of Summer' with my friend Jacqui - what a treat! Pretty good if you can seat ten per cent of the population in its local cinema at any one time don't you think!
This headland known as 'Godley Head' reaches beyond 'Taylors Mistake Beach' a quieter neighbouring beach and where my road leads. Its quiet but not that quiet considering that the road doesn't take you anywhere once you get there....something I quite like about it.
So I think all there is to add would be to let you know (if you didn't already) that in true New Zealand style visitors are welcome.

Comments

Esmeralda said…
Wish I could share your adventure with you honey. I will make sure I write you this week while I'm on holiday in Cornwall, I got to stop in Bristol on my way up, great as always.

Love you.

God bless your soul

Popular posts from this blog

Isaiah 55

Fresh beginnings Day 29

summer holidays