New York, NEW YORK!

So I arrived in a rather cold New York on Saturday afternoon, rather tired although managed to sleep a lot on the plane and very overwhelmed by height and just the general big-ness of everything around me.

So far I been staying with my sister's husband's (my brother-in-law's) little sister, a connection causing much confusion on introductions but in simple terms a family member and her husband Its been really nice to hang out with them and get to know her better and see her world, she has been living here for 7 years.

Tomorrow I am off to maryland to visit so really good friends, i can't wait am only hoping i haven't tried to jam-pack it all in as had planned to get the first train back to nyc wed but trying to see if i can change that, if they can have me longer of course.

On Sunday I did visit 'the Met' (the Metropolitan Museum) which was nice apart from managing to offend an American lady (fast work I know!), the repeated "I beg your pardon?!, I beg your pardon?!!" helped my friends and I know something had set her off. Today is my first day of sight-seeing, hoping to see some of those famous sites face to face and try and take it all in, there is a lot to swallow here. Hopefully I won't step on too many more toes in the process!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaiah 55

Fresh beginnings Day 29

summer holidays