change

i'm in a transition phase which has actually been really good because until this week it has not really felt like transition.

after 'via' ended on 22nd July I had two weeks of meeting up with old friends in Bristol and Bath and just hanging out. also got a new car which was very exciting and started to enjoy a new found independence, which is pretty cool. i just kind of let loose for a couple of weeks, and enjoyed some of our lovely British Summer.

Think the most exciting time was on Sunday July 29th in Bath where Matt, Jacqui, Paul and I attended a guitar concert by Thomas Leeb and Stuart Ryan - two of the most talented Acoustic Guitarists in Europe - it was actually a divine experience and I wish I could listen to them every week for two hours!!!

Since then I have been spending 3-4 days a week in Southmead hospital Medical Admissions Unit trying to remember what it is like to be a medical student! 'Trying' really is the operative word - as I certainly have a lot of culture shock to come this Autumn term when I get back from my elective in CHILE!

Yes...Chile! Next Thursday at 1850 (GMT) I'll be flying via Madrid to Santiago for a 4 week clinical placement in Sud America! And I am pretty terrified as well as excited of course - so that will obviously involved rather a lot of change! I have totally forgotten what it is like to immerse yourself into a culture for 5 weeks and well i am not actually sure if my Spanish is up to it - but I guess I will learn as I speak each day! I am excited to be living with a Vineyard family and attending the local Vineyard Church - it warms me to experience the international community I am a part of - both in Ukraine and Chile in the space of months!

When I get back I will be moving house. Leaving the adventure and chaos of the Hogg family household for the space and I hope tranquility of 13 Willoughby Road - I think it is all pretty much confirmed and I am feeling extremely thankful to God for this provision literally days before I leave the continent! I love that God is so gracious to me and accepts and works with my disorganised, last-minute lifestyle! Although that does not excuse my lack of organisation - I know!

The lovely Gooding girls (my nieces and sister) came down last week and we went to the zoo (check out the pics here SNAPFISH).

The next couple of weeks I am glad to acknowledge will be spent catching up with friends before I leave and generally preparing for the academic year ahead - so change all around, like 180 degrees! But life would never change us if it stayed the same - i love that God's plans are way more complex, demanding, imaginitive and basically crazier than mine could ever be, and that is saying something really init!!!

hopefully post before i leave for cooler climes - well theoretically at least! who knows what i will experience on the otherside of this increasingly warmer planet......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaiah 55

Fresh beginnings Day 29

summer holidays