Mercy comes with the morning

Since flying across the oceans I have been introduced to the musical talent of Brooke Fraser (thanks to my flatmate Mel). She is a kiwi who has made it successfully across the globe. What I love about her stuff is how true she remains to her faith in God. She supported John Meyer on his tour after his first album 'heavier things' but you wouldn't know it because her songs take on a different theme, about a different kind of love than that that Meyer sings of. Here are the lyrics and video of her CS Lewis inspired song.

If I find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy, 
I can only conclude that I was not made for here 
If the flesh that I fight is at best only light and momentary, 
then of course I'll feel nude when to where I'm destined I'm compared 

Speak to me in the light of the dawn 
Mercy comes with the morning 
I will sigh and with all creation groan 
As I wait for hope to come for me 

Am I lost or just less found? 
On the straight or on the roundabout of the wrong way? 
is this a soul that stirs in me, 
is it breaking free, wanting to come alive? 
Cos my comfort would prefer for me to be numb
And avoid the impending birth of who I was born to become 

Speak to me in the light of the dawn 
Mercy comes with the morning 
I will sigh and with all creation groan 
As I wait for hope to come for me 

For we, we are not long here 
Our time is but a breath, so we better breathe it 
And I, I was made to live, 
I was made to love, I was made to know you 
Hope is coming for me 
Hope is coming for me 
Hope is coming for me 
Hope is coming for me 

Speak to me in the light of the dawn 
Mercy comes with the morning 
I will sigh and with all creation groan 
As I wait for hope to come for me 
For me 
For me 
  For me...

                        

Comments

Esmeralda said…
Ange, copy the link in the embed box for your youtube vid of choice, then on your post click edit html instead of the compose tab and past the link into your post, once pasted, click the compose link and your vid should upload.

NZ looks unlikely, I only have 11 days and I check the flights, they are all 36 hour flights which is 3 days at least cut out, so I'll only have 8 days. But I'm still thinking about it.

I have to take 5th-15th October off.

I'll be in touch.

P.S. I didn't stay with Sam and Ruth, I visited them on sat morning and Ruth kindly fixed us brekkie. Twas great to see them. I'd already made plans to stay with other friends.
ange said…
Thanks Liz - what a star you are! And so much more technically literate that I ever knew...very impressed. Well your instructions worked.

Hmm as much as I would love to see you, I think it is a bit too much travelling, plus if you wanted to see the guys on North island too it would just be too much travelling, you would have jet lag when you returned too and the way annual leave is going for me - I don't think I would be able to guarantee getting any. But yep see how you feel. Stay in touch. Email me your news hun x

Popular posts from this blog

Isaiah 55

Fresh beginnings Day 29

summer holidays