Back in Bristol

So I'm now into my second week back from bristol after 3 weeks in Ukraine. Pics all on bubbleshare thanks to lovely Mark. Seem to rather more settled back into bristle than I was this time last week, which is a nice feeling and just trying to process what I am doing with myself for the next couple of months as via draws to an end.

Chatting to a guy who is thinking about doing all that I have been doing this last year in 2008, really brought home how soon it will be before I'll be back in the scene of studentdom at Bristol medical school struggling to be confident on my own ground whilst being exposed to demanding deans and doctors. Its not all bad I know, but my mind is only cycling all the bad loops i'm afraid.

Returning to Christchurch Clifton for yesterday's evening service reminded me of the eternal home I have and how through shifting times, changing seasons and the general temporary nature of all the parts of my life (at least that is how it often feels) God is outside time and is my ETERNAL father. And my journey to him, with him, in him is wholly a good one.

So check out this Lutherean quote Ed Shaw used in his talk on Sun night - its a good 'un.

'This life, therefore, is not righteous but growth in righteousness, not health but healing, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not yet what we shall be, but we are growing toward it. The process is not yet finished, but is going on. This is not the end but it is the road. All does not yet gleam in glory but all is being purified.'

Martin Luther

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaiah 55

Fresh beginnings Day 29

summer holidays