thinking with my feelings

this is something i am honestly trying to stop doing. being a feeler most of the time means this is a weakness for me and i am learning that i need to take action against it otherwise when i least expect it i can start spiralling with thoughts based on not so great feelings and latching onto the truth beyond becomes impossible.

a great book i am re-reading The Cross-centered life, by c.j.mahaney is reminding me of how easily we base our view of God on how we feel rather than on what is real - this is a trap i no longer want to fall into and am glad to be learning that its a common problem amongst crispies (along with legalism and condemning ourselves according to mahaney) but the truth of the word cuts through it. praise him!

just had a lovely time lieing in st. andrew's pak near my house, as its such a light and mild evening, didn't want to miss the opportunity to enjoy dusk in my little corner of the world. it was nice to see others were too, but i didn't stay too long with my warm cup of tea, as two lads started playing frisbee right near me (typical) but it was nice to ponder my day for a while. its been a good one, lots of reading and relaxing, shopping (!), some job hunting and lots of sun soaking, ooh and even some song-writing (yes i know! there's always a first time). This is life at the mo and i'm loving every minute, savouring every last day of such divine pleasure.......don't mind if i do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaiah 55

Fresh beginnings Day 29

summer holidays