Back by the Avon


I'm now 2 weeks back from Chile. Last weekend I enjoyed a walk across the gorge with good friends, the wind in my hair and an unusually high river, it was nice to be back in familiarity and be thankful for the beauty of the city i live in, one that i enjoyed sharing my fondness of in Chile. Its nice to have some pride for the place that you live in, not just the city, but the attitudes of people and the good things your city is doing. I think that is what excites me most about my current home and i need to remind myself to not take it for granted.
being back, has also made me realise what a challenge this year is going to be in terms of physical stamina, doing via last year certainly challenged me in other ways but not physically, or at least i didn't choose to. and after a 13 month break from medicine, busy schedules, mental tiredness and early starts i must say i am struggling rather, and although also enjoying (a little) the change i am finding it hard, and having to trust that God will give me some of that supernatural energy i need. currently i have to tell myself not to contemplate a 'power nap' lasting ten mins, when i get in in the evenings cuz i know that, i will only not hear my alarm and it will end up being two long hours! and i will wake up thinking its the next morning, i think this has happened twice in the last two weeks!!! i hope it doesn't last into November.....
anyway, generally good to be back, am missing the community in Santiago a bit, but only to be expected - they spoilt me and loved me a tonne. back to work then...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaiah 55

Fresh beginnings Day 29

summer holidays