The Clay Oven

Just opposite my house in Nethergreen on the South side of Sheffield sits a little array of shops which I have gradually become familiar with. Two hairdressers Jam and Marmalade (Finest Hairdressers) sit not too far away from each other, a little further up are a couple of upmarket interior design type shops, the sort I haven't yet found myself a reason/excuse to go into yet. Further up there is a lovely, if a little over-priced delicateseen, that always has a great many croissants/pain au chocolat which i have enjoyed on the odd saturday morning with the paper and other special treats, plus great fresh bread. And a little further down is a very local, Indian takeaway, the clay oven. In my usual attempts to avoid getting takeaway I managed to not give into temptation (having lived above a Miss Millies before I found I managed this quite well). But tonight with the return of one of my housemates from a week's work away, we felt sharing in the pleasure of a creamy chicken korma, peshwari naan, rice and poppadums with pickles was one to be had and what a pleasure it was. (The fact that Ed is known well by the owners, telephones the order and runs across the road to pick it up for me only makes the whole lazy experience even more pleasurable!) This followed by a other joint pleasure watching Jonothan Ross's Friday night return were had by both of us. Although maybe I shouldn't be watching Ross considering his recent demise but his transparency and almost repentent attitude when he first returns makes him hard not to like, especially when you compare his show with the alternatives that are on at this time.

So Friday night, with Jonothan Ross, my lovely housemate Ed and a Chicken Korma from across the road....as good as it sounds!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaiah 55

Fresh beginnings Day 29

summer holidays