I wanna get soaked!

So this afternoon at Tom and Nic's was "Huddle".

This is basically an opportunity for us all to gather in Tom and Nic's lovely but sometimes rather cold lounge with cups of tea (of all varieties, seriously any tea from any nation lives in their kitchen cuboards!) and chat, in a hopefully honest and open way, debiting and crediting from each other's "trust accounts". Its a time where we work out where each other is at with God, themselves and others, pray for each other, give and receive tissues (sometimes boxfuls, then we have to use toilet roll!) and give and receive hugs, lots of hugs, of which I am particularly thankful for!

So today unbeknown to me, Jesus had decided in advance to do some of his stuff with me. So much stuff that I am feeling very thankful to now be taking breaths of a relative normal duration when I compare them to the breaths I was managing to fit in around all the crying I was doing earlier! I mean, man alive, did I cry, but it was good and its always better out than in. The funniest part was that I was almost handing out as much tissue to Tom, Nic and Mark as I cried, cuz they were crying too! Awwww bless, how lovely they are to share the tears.

Anyway, not wanting to go into unnecessary details God decided to show me that there was still some unforgiveness in my heart towards people I thought I had forgiven, I confessed that, repented and most importantly (I think) forgave, recognising that I will probably have to do some more forgiving I expect before Autumn's out, as I seem to just build up stuff. Thankfully, as I confessed God forgave continually as he always does in his faithfulness. But what got me, was the fact that he showed me how he really, really wants to rain down on me with his lovin.

Hence the title of this post - various peeps had images of me just being completely soaked through in a huge downpour, and that rain being his love, his Holy Spirit and basically just his goodness and me ending up completely and utterly saturated in it! An awesome image, an awesome idea and one I totally love and believe he really wants to and in fact IS DOING in my life right NOW!

In a comedy moment later, I suggested to Casey and I that we should go waterproof shopping together, as we both need to acquire those useful garments for our lovely British weather. I then suggested I needed a waterproof spiritually speaking, but thankfully Nic in her insight quickly corrected me. Of course the last thing I need or want is a spiritual waterproof because I just want to get soaked in his loving, his spirit, his goodness, absolutely saturated. I don't want a waterproof against this stuff, I feel like I have had one on for so long, without even realising. Now I am ready to just get soaked, down to the ground. For those withered, dry bits to drink deeply of him. Drink and drink till they just cannot drink anymore. This desert is no longer dry, no longer weary, this desert is drinking from living waters and man, does it taste good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaiah 55

Fresh beginnings Day 29

summer holidays