Greater than our hurts

Fourteen days have passed by since I began this new journey with God, a journey to a place I don't know, along a path I don't know, with friends that slowly but surely, I am getting to know. These first two weeks have been focussed on these new relationships and for that I am glad. And as overwhelming as it all is right now, the knowledge that we do all stand together and are for each other is good, even if I do sometimes find that hard to believe due to my own insecurities. What has been even better is our constant remembering that as we gather on our via days, we gather around Him, the one who is greater than our hurts, the one with the power to heal. For some of us (including me) He's been delving around, dredging up stuff that quite honestly seems more painful than anything else and if I'm honest seems rather (forgive me) brash of God to dive straight in, pretty much on day 1 as He did with tears before noon (and man, those tears just kept on coming for some of us, I mention no names). But I guess, as we are all so very aware, we didn't choose to start out on this journey so that we could have our way, but rather so that we could relinquish all control to the one who knows better, the one who is better and some how in His amazing supernatural, incomprehendable way brings out the better in us. The better stuff that we didn't know was down there, but He did and does and in His beautiful way wants to bring it out, for all to see. He wants our light and your light to be seen, the light of the Imago Dei which is in all of us, beyond the bad stuff, the pain, the wounds, the brokeness, the hurts, it lingers, waiting for His gentle touch. And it WILL be seen. So I say, bring it on gentle Saviour, keep delving and dredging if you need to, may we be patient as we wait for you to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaiah 55

Fresh beginnings Day 29

summer holidays