The comfort of old friends

Today's lunchtime rush hour was absolutely mad at work. You couldn't see the floor for the buggies and it was literally an obstacle course trying to deliver lattes and mochas and hot food up and down the steps between the levels to the various mothers with their toddlers. There was one table surrounded by mothers and ten babies at one point, most of them looked less than 6 months, I've never seen anything like it. The funniest thing was that even though we were so packed more mums were trying to park their three-wheelers and even bikes with baby seats in the cafe! I have to say it makes for an interesting working environment and we had fun attempting to serve everyone, and certainly made a lot today, which is encouraging for our manager too.

I've really enjoyed getting into the cafe/waitressing lifestyle and its quite a nice laid back place to work. One of my coworkers and I had an interesting conversation today, she was explaining how she became first interested in buddhism when she met her husband in India. She told me how she just doesn't have any time for meditation now with kids. It seems everyone wants some kind of refuge, peace and sanctuary from the business of life and there is such a menu of stuff on offer nowadays. Efven though sometimes its hard to believe I'm thankful that Jesus wants to be found and searched out by all. I hope through work with her, we'll have more chats about good stuff.

I met up with my lovely old chum Gem today, and received her wedding invitation. So exciting! I still have to almost pinch myself when I think of how 4 years ago we used to sit in each other's rooms in hall, drink tea and chat into the morning. The terms seemed an endless run of chats and laughter filled times with good friends. How responsibility and grown up stuff seems to have invaded some people's lives. I kind of feel like my life hasn't changed all that much from then. I personally have changed and I guess I've learnt a few things about doctoring, God but I know there is so much more to learn. Even though it was brief, it was so good to see her, I wish I could more. Different seasons seem to bring different companions into my life, and I must admit I struggle with moving on, but I'm thankful that God brought good friends into my life and will continue to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaiah 55

Fresh beginnings Day 29

summer holidays