The traffic light's green

Recently I've been thinking about the difference between my subjective ideas of how eager I am to do stuff, and how eager I actually am objectively. If that made any sense at all, I will add that I am also realising that there is a lot of work I have to do before my inner enthusiasm actually breaks lose, gets over its hang ups and makes a difference, objectively, in reality, in chronos and basically in life!

Yesterday, as I walked to house group, the green light of the traffic lights shimmering off the pavement (yes the tarmac really was shimmering) caught my attention. The lights were bright, didn't seem to be changing to red any time soon and they cast a light on the ground ahead that was beckoning me to come towards it and as I needed to get to house group which was north of the traffic lights, I yielded to its beckoning like a moth to a fly. But as I passed by I considered how learner drivers tend to approach traffic lights, even green lights when compared to more experienced drivers. I know as a learner, even if the light shone green, I would be anticipating it changing to red at any moment so would not speed up so much, but would either stay at the same speed or slow down to ensure that I was ready to stop, if the lights changed. I was ready for the lights to change from green meaning 'safe to go' to red meaning 'stop, its no longer safe for you to go. A more experienced driver would contrastingly probably have their foot over the accelerator and zoom past with confidence, as their destination was more important.

For want of a better analogy I did feel that this one was quite fitting for life down here with me at the mo. I think God's saying 'Go ange, go. You can do it. I trust you. You have proved yourself fit for the test, I'm waiting' and currently I am still expecting God to change his mind, to call me back and tell me he was shining amber, meaning wait, stop, think first, act later. But even as I write this, I have the sure conviction that right now I am in the season of doing - and if I don't choose to obey that comission from him, he may stop presenting me with the opportunities, or even withdraw his invitations from me. How could I do that? How could I not accept with eagerness the invitations of the God who romances us? Isn't he really the great romancer? The one that many a guy I know could learn a thing or two from! Anyway I digress, what I am learning is that His invitations are not only worth accepting but really they cannot be refused! His banquets are the best ones, where the best wine is saved to last and all the best guests gather together in his name - bring it on I say, bring it on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaiah 55

Fresh beginnings Day 29

summer holidays