songs i am enjoying right now....



After playing his Room for squares for too many nights over the past few years i finally invested in his 2007 release Continuum and have not regretted. Never owned Heavier Things or any of his live stuff but had a listen. This new album is quite a change from his debut but I am enjoying the lyrics and the soulful voice as well his excellent guitar skills. Totally up my street and highly recommend.





An album I think I would like to savour soon is In Our Nature by Jose Gonzalez, and Argentinian Swede with a voice from heaven and guitar skills that our like none i have ever heard or will ever hear again; he truly has a great gift. His first album Veneer sky-rocketed, selling in platinum numbers in over 15 countries and he was made famous by the sony advert which used his music.
If you like Nick Drake's stuff you will like this. And if not and you simply want to hear music that goes back to basics you'll enjoy listening to the bare bones of Jose's unplugged talent.
And I can make you jealous by letting you know that I got to see him at the Big Chill Festival in August 2006 - okay so there were hundreds of us all appreciating his mastery on a green field in herefordshire, but he totally made eye-contact with me totally! ooh and yes the new hair (check it out on some live youtubes of him) is very lovely!
So go listen - or come find me and i will lend you Veneer!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaiah 55

Fresh beginnings Day 29

summer holidays