Isaiah 55

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts"
Seems God is really wanting to write these words on my heart, as this week I have been confronted with the fact that I need to say farewell to Bristol and move to the East Midlands for 2 years, namely Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Lincolnshire.
Yep, you've got it, I have been allocated a job (through the lottery of MTAS) for the first two years of my training in these areas, I don't yet know where specifically. I have to admit I would not have planned it this way and I am disappointed. But I am trying to believe in my heart that if that's God's plan, its the best plan. I spent most of yesterday trying to rapidly conform my will to his, hoping that I would feel better about the move. I am getting there slowly - I have a headache from lots of tear duct action yesterday but I know that we'll get there. He has a plan in it all.... I guess sometimes I just wish he wasn't so many steps ahead of me.
So anyways, what does a girl do up in the Sherwood???

Comments

Anonymous said…
oh star. what news! :S

you know it _will_ be OK don't you?
but will miss you hugely.

just off the top of my head, two things a girl does in Sherwood:
1) has guests!
3) keeps blogging, & generally sharing the andreaness far and wide...
ange said…
mark thank you - i know it_will_be_okay.

i have plenty of time to prepare myself for the big move, and thanks for the advice! i plan to do both of the above in ABUNDANCE!
Esmeralda said…
I agree with Mark hon.

God kept pushing this verse to my attention shortly after dad died and I found I just wanted to shut my ears to it every time. Now I look back and it was true all along. God knows why through the mess of MTAS you weren't permitted to get your first choice. It will be ok though. And God will bring about much good from it. I'll be checking this space.

Jeremiah 29: 11:

'"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."'

Love you. xx

Popular posts from this blog

Fresh beginnings Day 29

summer holidays