Adventure becomes plain reality

Am sitting in an internet cafe in Christchurch city centre which is a place I have come to frequent since I landed here just 9 days ago at noon. That was a day filled with excitment, apprehension a bit more adrenaline and clear blue skies - I was thinking today about how filled with energy I was not so very long ago.

More recently I have felt like decisions (although totally believing they were right, God-led and just the next part of my journey) made may have been done in a naivety and although prayer-filled I may not have considered the full blown somewhat harsh realities I would face when moving somewhere so new and different.

In short this has been a hard week and I am sad that I have had a lot of self-doubt and still do so early on but knowing that I have a bunch of people praying for me and a God who is God of the impossible helps me look ahead with hope and a confidence not from within me.

The experience so far has definitely opened my eyes to how easily I have forgotten the foreigner or the alien back home whether at church, at work or just in my city. Its so easy to block out those who I feel I can't or more often won't help. I have realised that stepping out of my comfort zone can simply mean helping someone who is literally geographically out of theirs and that is something I have to admit has challenged me. Really thankful for the prayer of friends and family without whom I wouldn't be doing this. Ultimately I KNOW my dad is always looking out for me, even when I am pretty scared and lacking in faith, you are there.

Comments

marktristan said…
ange!

I hope it's not too hard still...

The foreigner / alien thing: absolutely :o

Will keep checking on ya...
Lots of love from England
M
Anonymous said…
thinking of and praying for you regularly

Liz x

Popular posts from this blog

Isaiah 55

Fresh beginnings Day 29

summer holidays